The GMA’s annual awards will take place later this year when we will celebrate industry excellence across sports turf and artificial surfaces
With the closing date to submit applications for the GMA Industry Awards fast approaching, the Grounds Management Association is delighted to announce the judging panel for this year’s ceremony.
The ten judges have been tasked with selecting seventeen worthy winners from an industry-wide talent pool who, among them, represent every corner of the sector. Comprising of leading industry professionals, the stellar line-up includes seasoned professionals, some with long and distinguished careers; many have judged the annual awards several times before and keep coming back!
The 2023 judges include:
- Neil Stubley, Head of Courts and Horticulture at the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club
- Adrian Kay, Head Groundsman at York Racecourse
- Meg Lay, Groundsperson at Gloucestershire County Cricket Club
- Lee Metcalfe, Senior Grounds Manager at Manchester City FC
- David Roberts, Director at Training Unlimited
- Anthony Facey, Area Sales Manager at Tuckwells
- Stuart Kerrison, Head Groundsman at Essex County Cricket Club
- Derek Walder, Operations Director at SALTEX
- Nasa Hussain, Head Groundsman & Facilities Manager at Yorkshire County Cricket Club
- James Wright, Senior Maintenance Manager at Leeds University
Derek Walder said:
“To be invited to judge the Industry Awards applications this year is a real privilege. Having worked in the industry for over 56 years, it’s fantastic to be able to play a part in supporting the sector by recognising the hard work and dedication of those who contribute so much to maintaining the grounds they manage.
I’m very much looking forward to the judging process, as well as attending the ceremony in November to celebrate the profound and often unnoticed achievements of the industry.”
Geoff Webb, CEO of Grounds Management Association said:
“It’s wonderful to have received the support of such established industry professionals in helping us to shine a spotlight on the groundscare industry.
Each judge comes with years of insight and invaluable experience from across all areas of the industry that will be put to good use when carefully considering applications and selecting our 2023 Industry Award winners.
We look forward to welcoming the industry to Headingley Stadium this November to give a platform to those worthy of recognition.”
You can find out more about this year's judging panel at gmaindustryawards.uk/judges/
The deadline to submit applications is 14th August at gmaindustryawards.uk/awards-categories/
Tickets to attend the awards ceremony at Headingley Stadium on Wednesday 29 November are now on sale at gmaindustryawards.uk/tickets
To discuss sponsorship and other brand partnership opportunities, email Sales Manager Jill Rodham at email@example.com.