Access to and use of 'www.thegma.org.uk' both within the UK and internationally is provided by the GMA on the following terms:
1. By using www.thegma.org.uk you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.thegma.org.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to www.thegma.org.uk.
2. The GMA may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of www.thegma.org.uk will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on www.thegma.org.uk (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
3. You agree to use www.thegma.org.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of www.thegma.org.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within www.thegma.org.uk.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on www.thegma.org.uk and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in the GMA or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use www.thegma.org.uk content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any www.thegma.org.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of www.thegma.org.uk content requires the prior written permission of the GMA.
5. The names, images and logos identifying the GMA or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the GMA and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the GMA or any other third party.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with the GMA you agree to grant to the GMA, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for GMA services in any media worldwide (including on the GMA's site accessed by international users). In certain circumstance the GMA may also share your contribution with trusted third parties*.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that the GMA can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give the GMA permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
9. We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible. The GMA may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with the GMA.
11. If you do not want to grant the GMA the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with www.thegma.org.uk.
12. The majority of content posted in www.thegma.org.uk communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the GMA. The GMA is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on www.thegma.org.uk or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through www.thegma.org.uk. Any links to third party websites from www.thegma.org.uk do not amount to any endorsement of that site by the GMA and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
13. www.thegma.org.uk content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the GMA, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, the GMA excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The GMA does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by the GMA is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the GMA for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
14. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes the GMA's liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, the GMA shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of www.thegma.org.uk regardless of the form of action.
15. The GMA do not warrant that functions available on www.thegma.org.uk will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that www.thegma.org.uk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
16. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
17. The failure or delay of the GMA to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the GMA's right to enforce that right.
18. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.