Entries are now open for nominations for this year’s Industry Awards (visit www.iogawards.com for the easy to nominate process) which this year are being sponsored by Desso Sports Systems, DLF Johnsons Seeds, Headland Amenity, John Deere, Ransomes, Rigby Taylor, Souters Sports, Stadium Grow Lighting, Stihl, Top Green, Toro and Trimax, as well as a number of sport’s National Governing Bodies plus Sport England.
With headline sponsorship by Rigby Taylor and Top Green, the awards will culminate in an Oscar-style presentation ceremony on Wednesday 2 November (the opening night of SALTEX at the Birmingham NEC) at the National Conference Centre (within the National Motorcycle Museum), which is near to the NEC. The event will be hosted by talkSPORT Radio’s Mark Saggers.
The full list of categories is:
• GMA SGL (Stadium Grow Lighting) Professional Football Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Headland Amenity Professional Cricket Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA John Deere Professional Horse Racing Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Professional Rugby League Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Desso Professional Rugby Union Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Professional Tennis Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Independent School/University Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Rigby Taylor/Top Green Young Groundsman of the Year
• GMA Toro Most Promising Sportsturf Student of the Year
• GMA Ransomes Environmental/Innovation Project of the Year
• GMA Best Maintained Artificial Pitch of the Year
• GMA Bowling Greenkeeper/Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Trimax International Ambassador of the Year
• GMA Unsung Hero of the Year
• GMA Volunteer Sports Groundsman of the Year
• GMA Stihl Contractor of the Year
• GMA Alex R Millar DLF Johnsons Seeds/Ransomes Groundsman of the Year
• GMA Souters Sports Lifetime Achievement Award
• GMA NGB Professional Sports Ground of the Year
• GMA NGB Grassroots Sports Grounds Team of the Year
The GMA expresses thanks to all sponsors, and reminds companies and organisations interested in sponsoring a category to contact Karen Maxwell, email@example.com, 07866 736 597.