GMA LIVE CONTINUES on Thursday, August 13, 12pm-1pm, with an overview of the skills needed to maintain pitches across all levels – including an outline of the GMA’s national framework for pitch quality standards, the Pitch Grading Framework – from expert speakers who include: Jason Booth, GMA director of technical and learning; Dan Prest, GMA head of technical and learning; and Alex Latto, assistant head groundsman, Scottish Rugby, BT Murrayfield Stadium.
They will deliver live experiences on college-based and GMA education, along with information on career routes, specialist training and the broader qualifications available. The webinar will highlight:
- What grounds management involves (maintenance tasks, understanding of plant and soil science), and the varying levels of the GMA’s Pitch Grading Framework
- An overview of routes into the industry, the courses available and career paths
- An update on skills and training required at certain levels, and what can give you the edge over other candidates
- Best ways to network
- Generic CV hints and tips
- A chance to ask questions.