Nominations now open for 10th Anniversary GMA Industry Awards
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018 Grounds Management Association (GMA) Industry Awards, with 21 categories of entry recognising the passion, dedication and challenges faced by grounds staff in both grassroots and professional sports at clubs of every size and from all corners of the UK.
This year’s awards - the 10th in the series and being held on October 31 at the Hilton Metropole hotel at the Birmingham NEC, on the evening of the first day of SALTEX – includes the introduction of new awards and enhancements to existing categories.
To celebrate the anniversary, the GMA is planning some exciting changes to the awards event which has continually grown in status for acknowledging the achievements of volunteer and professional grounds teams, as well as community clubs and national stadia.
Commenting, GMA chief executive Geoff Webb says: "We are planning some exciting developments for the awards presentations to mark the 10th anniversary. We have added new categories and enhanced the entry criteria – opening up the awards to more potential winners from all sectors of society – at all levels of the sporting spectrum.
“The awards continue to provide the only national stage for the achievements of everyone involved in groundscare across all levels of sport – whether professional teams at stadia or, indeed, the lone volunteer groundsman at a small village club.
“Importantly, applications to every category are encouraged from Scotland, Ireland and Wales, as well as England.”
He adds: “These are the only awards for groundsmen that are judged by groundsmen, and we are lucky to have a dedicated group of volunteer judges with a range of backgrounds that encompass the diversity of the industry and profession today.
“Please take the time to nominate as you must know many deserving candidates and great examples of sports turf management at every level.”
The 2018 GMA Industry Award categories are:
• GMA Toro Most Promising Sports Turf Student of the Year
• GMA Rigby Taylor/Top Green Young Grounds Person of the Year
• GMA AMS Volunteer Sports Grounds Person/Team of the Year
• GMA National Governing Bodies’ Community Sports Club Grounds Team/Individual of the Year
• GMA Public Sector Sports Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Bowling Grounds Team/Individual of the Year
• GMA Best Managed Artificial Surface Award
• GMA Ransomes Environmental and Ecology Strategy Award
• GMA National Governing Bodies’ Professional Multi-Sports Ground/Facility
• GMA Headland Amenity Professional Cricket Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA CubCadet INFINICUT® Professional Tennis Courts Grounds Team/Individual of the Year
• GMA John Deere Professional Horse Racing Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Redexim Charterhouse Professional Rugby Football League Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Kubota Professional Rugby Football Union Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA SISGrass Professional Football Grounds Team of the Year (A) - for English Leagues 1 & 2, National League, National League North/South, Scottish Championship & Leagues 1 & 2, Ireland & Wales Professional Leagues
• GMA SGL Professional Football Grounds Team of the Year (B) - for the Premier League, Championship and Scottish Premier League
• GMA University/College Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA Growth Products Independent School Grounds Team of the Year
• GMA International Ambassador of the Year
• The GMA Ransomes/DLF Johnsons Alex R Millar Award – to the person chosen as the outstanding winner across all award categories
• GMA GrassMaster Solutions Lifetime/Outstanding Achievement Award.
For information on how to sponsor an award, please contact Karen Maxwell on 01908 552 987 or email: email@example.com