Tickets are now available for this year’s GMA Industry Awards, so book now to secure your place at the industry’s biggest celebratory event - hosted by the BBC’s Dan Walker on Wednesday October 30 at The Vox, located in Resorts World at the Birmingham NEC, on the evening of the first day of the SALTEX exhibition.
The awards – now in their 11th year - have continually grown in status for acknowledging the achievements of volunteer and professional grounds teams, as well as community clubs and national stadia. They recognise the passion, dedication and challenges faced by grounds staff at clubs of every size and from all corners of the UK.
BBC sports presenter and BBC Breakfast anchor Dan Walker will bring a new dimension to this year’s event as the 20 award categories are presented.
He currently hosts BBC One’s Award-winning Football Focus and regularly presents Match of the Day. He has also covered Wimbledon, The Grand National, Royal Ascot, The Derby and the Six Nations, as well as continuing to work on domestic, European and international football. He has also co-hosted Open golf coverage for the last 10 years and was an integral part of the BBC's Olympic broadcasting team for both London 2012 and Rio 2016.
To secure your seat – which costs £95 each for GMA members and £190 each for non-members - please contact the GMA by email (email@example.com) or call 01908 312 511 where you can also gain details of how to become an GMA member.
It’s not too late to nominate an individual or team for a 2019 Award. Visit: www.thegma.org.uk/awards and click the nominate button. This year’s categories include:
· GMA Toro Most Promising Sports Turf Student
· GMA Rigby Taylor/Top Green Young Grounds Person
· GMA Volunteer Sports Grounds Team/Individual
· GMA NGB Community/Grassroots Sports Club Grounds Team/Individual
· GMA AMS Robotics Public Sector Sports Grounds Team
· GMA Bowling Grounds Team/Individual
· GMA SCH Supplies Best Managed Artificial Surface
· GMA Ransomes Environmental and Ecology Strategy
· GMA Headland Amenity Professional Cricket Grounds Team
· GMA Cub Cadet Infinicut Professional Tennis Courts Grounds Team
· GMA John Deere Professional Horse Racing Grounds Team
· GMA Professional Rugby Football League Grounds Team
· GMA Compo Expert Professional Rugby Football Union Grounds Team
· GMA Professional Football Grounds Team
For English Leagues 1 & 2, National League, National League North/South, Scottish Championship & Leagues 1 & 2, Ireland & Wales Professional Leagues.
· GMA SGL Professional Football Grounds Team
For Premier League, Championship and Scottish Premier League.
· GMA Redexim Charterhouse/Kubota University/College Grounds Team
· GMA Growth Products Independent School Grounds Team
· GMA SISGrass International Award
· GMA Grassmaster Outstanding Achievement Award.
There is one additional award for which nominations are not sought: the GMA Ransomes/DLF Alex R Millar Award – to the person chosen as the outstanding winner across all award categories.
The NGB Awards are sponsored by the AELTC (All England Lawn Tennis Club), ECB (the England and Wales Cricket Board), The FA (Football Association), the LTA (Lawn Tennis Association), the Premier League, the RFU (Rugby Football Union) and the RFL (Rugby Football League)
For information on how to sponsor an award, please contact Karen Maxwell on 07866 736 597 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org