JOB TITLE: Training Centre Assistant Grounds Staff
DEPARTMENT: Grounds Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Training Centre Grounds Manager
LOCATION: Tottenham Hotspur’s Training Centre, Enfield
Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club with a thriving and successful award-winning grounds team. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class Stadium and multi-functional events arena, state of the art Training Centre, first class player accommodation Lodge and the London Academy of Excellence.
The Club operates across multiple sites, including a world-class Training Centre where the position of Training Centre Assistant Grounds Staff is based. The Centre is the main location for the Club’s First Team training and coaching activities, and its impeccable presentation is one of the many features that have led to it being recognised as one of the best training facilities in Europe.
The Club’s Training Centre Assistant Grounds Staff member will work within a team of 14 grounds staff and report to the Training Centre Grounds Manager, assisting in the preparation and smooth operational running of the Club’s Training Centre pitches and lawns to the highest level of professional standards.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day maintenance of the pitches and surrounding landscape of Tottenham Hotspur’s Training Centre, showing both proactiveness and teamwork.
- Ensure that the pitches meet the exceptional quality standards required by Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
- Use pedestrian and ride on mowers on football pitches and lawns.
- Assist in the renovation of pitches and grass areas.
- Mark out pitches.
- Clean equipment and wash down areas.
- Monitor pitches on a daily basis, record all appropriate information and act promptly to resolve issues.
- Take reasonable care concerning own health and safety and that of persons who may be affected by the performance of these duties.
- Ensure equipment and materials are available when required.
- Keep all equipment and materials in good condition.
- Keep abreast of all relevant industry developments.
- Undertake any other duties designated by your Line Manager to ensure the smooth running of all operational aspects of the business.
- Able to work across multiple sites if required.
- Follow the Spurs Way (Dare, Respect, Drive)
- Demonstrate the highest levels of commitment and compliance to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people at all club sites.
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas and thinks of creative solutions to problems.
- Values & respects others, builds relationships and collaborates.
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards and takes responsibility.
- Proactive, energetic and self-sufficient.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Experience within a similar role
- Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment.
- Full driving licence.
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list.
- Free lunch on site
- Discounts from retail partners and in Spurs’ Stores
- Discount off Spurs visitor attractions – Dare Skywalk and Stadium Tours
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
PROCESS TO APPLY
Please Click here
Assistant Grounds Staff (Training Centre)
Permanent, 40 hours
Monday, 10 May 2021 - 5:00am
London & East