London Stadium, Stratford, London
London Stadium is a multi-purpose venue that is now the new home of West Ham United Football Club and is also equipped to host concerts, Rugby Union and League, as well as top class athletics and other events.
London Stadium are looking for a Skilled Groundsperson to assist the Head Groundsperson and the team in managing and maintaining the playing surfaces to the highest standards within a stadium environment. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in a grounds environment, with the opportunity to be involved in exciting events such as football, Major League Baseball, athletics, rugby and community events.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience from working within the sports turf industry, with an emphasis on helping to monitor and plan activities. A knowledge of the set up and use of modern turf management equipment is essential. A working knowledge of fully automatic irrigation and turf reinforcement management will be essential to fulfil the requirements for this position.
No two days will be same so this role will be varied and give you the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities. Day to day you will be involved in preparations for some of the biggest national and international events as well as having a key role in ensuring the community pitch is delivered to meet business objectives. In return we offer development opportunities and many company benefits.
- NVQ 2 in relevant grounds maintenance
- NPTC – PA1, PA2 and PA6
- Experience of pitch technology such as Irrigation, Undersoil Heating and Stadium Grow Lights
- Good working knowledge of Pitch Maintenance Machinery and Grounds techniques
- Awareness of relevant Health and Safety legislation and experience in Multi-use environment
- Working knowledge of undersoil heating, fully automatic irrigation, pitch grow lights and turf reinforcement management
- The ability to engage and communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Excellent organisation skills
Having, or working towards a NVQ Level 3
Process to apply:
Please apply online by completing an application form on our system
Please visit our website for further details
Permanent, Full time
40 hours per week, generally Monday – Friday, 8:00-16:00 plus event days (LIEU time given)
Thursday, 4 June 2020 - 9:00am
£26k - £29k depending on experience, skills and qualifications
London & East
0208 522 6001