Prior Park Schools (PPS) is a charitable trust comprising three independent but interdependent day and boarding schools set in the South West of England and Gibraltar: Prior Park College (PPC), the senior school and The Paragon, the junior school, both in Bath, and Prior Park School, a senior school in Gibraltar. Each school provides high achieving, co-educational education. The heart of Prior Park Schools is the encouraging Christian ethos which nurtures over 1,000 pupils aged between 3 and 18 years to become confident, capable, compassionate and independent minded young people.
A vacancy has arisen for a competent and motivated Groundsperson to join the team to assist with the maintenance of the school grounds, including mowing, woodland management, preparation of sports pitches and path clearing. Relevant experience is desirable.
The Groundsperson carries out estate maintenance work and preparation of sports surfaces for both Prior Park College and The Paragon. The Team is based at and works from Prior Park College.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Daily maintenance of grounds, marking out all sports pitches and preparation of all playing surfaces using appropriate methods and machinery.
- Cut grass to specified standards in non-sports areas.
- Operate machinery, ride on mowers, power tools, drive tractors and associated plant.
- Carry out all general grounds tasks, including turfcare, planting, shrub and tree pruning, maintenance of ditches, paths and removal of grass clippings and leaves.
- Maintain watercourses, assist with tree lopping, repairs to hard landscape areas including small projects, repairs to dry stone walls, etc.
- Help to repair and maintain machines and plant. Help to maintain and repair gates, fences and grounds/garden huts and out buildings.
- Carry out weed spraying, application of fertilisers, chemicals, etc.
- Attend appropriate training courses to allow safe use of chainsaws and other power equipment, if required and as agreed with the Estates Manager.
- Assist with erection and dismantling of sports equipment, goal posts, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices
- NVQ2 Amenity Horticulture or Sports surface preparation or equivalent qualification
- Chemical spraying licences (PA1 & PA2)
- Awareness of the responsibilities of working in an environment with young people.
- PA6 Chemical spraying licence.
- PTC Cross Cutting Licence
- Good knowledge and experience of Cricket Groundsmanship
- Knowledge and experience of artificial sports surfaces
- Ability to prioritise and organise work commitments
Monday, 19 October 2020 - 6:00pm
Dependant on experience
South West England
01225 835 353 x284