The Grounds Management Association (GMA) is seeking to recruit for the newly created role of Part -Time Administrator for the Pitch Advisory Service Programme (formerly the Grounds and Natural Turf Improvement Programme – GaNTIP).
The programme is designed to raise standards of sports surfaces and the understanding of sports turf management practices at volunteer level. This role will provide administrative support to the Pitch Advisory Service (PAS) and Grounds Management Association (GMA) to deliver the GMA Pitch Grading Framework (PGF) and any associated programmes and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). It will also provide finance and office support and general administration to the GMA and assist any departments and consultants that interlink with any GMA products and services.
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and IT skills.
- Be well organised and able to demonstrate sound administrative experience with good attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in the use of office IT packages (Specifically Microsoft Office packages such as Outlook, SharePoint/Teams, Word, Excel, databases, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with the use of electronic and social media for promotional and communication purposes.
- Good understanding of IT and its application to deliver business benefits.
- Aptitude to learn and utilise new IT software and applications.
- Good time management, capable of multi-tasking and responding to variable workloads and competing demands.
- Able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy and to respect confidence.
Reporting directly to the Programmes Support Lead, working closely with the PAS team and the accounts department as well as the wider GMA, they should be an adept and effective administrator with proven administrative experience. An understanding of events organisation, membership administration and financial awareness would be advantageous but not essential.
This role is based at the GMA head office, in Milton Keynes with occasional home working as agreed and travel to other sites for meetings or visits, as necessary.
This role is funded by the GMA, Sport England, and the Football Foundation, in partnership with the ECB, FA, RFL and RFU.
How to apply
For further details, including details of the regional cover and how to apply, please refer to the application pack by following this link.
The GMA is an equal opportunity employer that supports and celebrates difference for the benefit of our employees and our community.
28.5 hours over 5 days
Wednesday, 21 July 2021 - 5:00pm
Tuesday, 10 August 2021
Competitive salary starting from £15.4k (pro-rata full time £20k) and pension.