Arnold House School was founded in 1905 in St John’s Wood. It is an independent preparatory school for boys from 3 to 13 years old.
As a central London prep school, we are very fortunate to own the seven acre Canons Park Activity Centre, 30 minutes from the main school site on the Jubilee Line. The sports grounds are adjacent to Canons Park and contain a well-appointed pavilion with drama space, classrooms, changing facilities, four football pitches, three cricket pitches, a 400m athletics track and an all-weather astroturf hockey pitch, converted to tennis courts in summer. There is also a bowling green and pavilion.
The role of the Head Grounds Manager is to maintain the grounds and sports pitches to a high standard throughout the seasons and to facilitate the transition from one sport to another, factoring in time for renovation and upkeep of the pitches under the supervision of the Director of Sport. You will also manage the work of the Assistant Grounds Manager.
We offer onsite accommodation at Canons Park in a one-bedroom flat, a competitive salary, generous holidays and a contributory pension scheme. There is free parking and a cycle to work scheme.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the mental and physical health of all our staff.
Experienced grounds manager, enjoys working with young people, honest and reliable, self-motivated, sense of pride in the grounds, well organised, capable of working under pressure and on own initiative, aware of health and safety considerations, good team player, and physically fit for the role.
- Minimum Level 2 or equivalent in turf management,
- Experience of maintaining a sports ground to a high standard,
- Sound understanding of relevant health and safety and industry legislation, including COSHH,
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use initiative
- Excellent organisational skills and good time keeping
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure
- Good team player, able to work with a range of different people
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in the standard of the grounds
- Experience of working in an educational institution
- Experience of managing staff
Process to Apply:
For further information and an application form go to: https://www.arnoldhouse.co.uk/vacancies
8am-3pm winter, 8am-5pm summer
Friday, 2 September 2022 - 12:00pm
Competitive, includes onsite accommodation at Canons Park
London & East