University College School (UCS) is one of the top independent schools in the UK. Operating as three linked schools at separate sites in Hampstead, it educates 1100 students from age 4 to 18. The main aims of the school are the pursuit of academic excellence with a strong ethos of independent thought and individual judgment.
We are looking for a Groundsperson to join a successful and vibrant department at this major London day school.
Reporting to the Head Groundsperson, the Groundsperson will be responsible for the maintenance and development of amenities and playing surfaces. The ideal candidate will have a proactive attitude and will have some experience in grounds maintenance. This role will also provide ground staff support for matches/fixtures and external events when required.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of all sports areas used by the Junior Senior and UCS pre prep schools and for other users.
- Assist the Head Groundsman in preparing, implementing and monitoring weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programme's to ensure the required standard of surface presentation and satisfaction is met.
- Providing ground staff support for matches/fixtures and external events when required.
- Assist the head of grounds in planning renovations of the playing field and pitches
- Assist and maintain an asset register of all grounds equipment and update annually
- Undertake administrative duties as directed by head groundsman where reasonably practical
- Attend to any grounds maintenance contractors working on site
- PA1-PA6 Spraying certificate
- Formal training in Manual Handling
- First aid at work
- Completing or completed level 3 diploma in sports turf management
- At least 2 years related experience
- Clear understanding of Health and safety legislation
- Flexible attitude to work
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Understanding of IT use
- Willingness to learn
For more information on the post, please refer to the job description on our website.
Please note that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the stated closing date; we would therefore welcome early applications.
UCS is fully committed to the welfare and safeguarding of children. All applications for this post must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and a full Disclosure and Barring check.
35 hours per week
Thursday, 14 October 2021 - 12:00pm
London & East