Watford Football Club - Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford
Watford Football Club is an English professional football club based in Watford, Hertfordshire.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit an experience groundsperson to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing a pitch maintenance programme and to ensure delivery of an excellent playing surface at Vicarage Road Stadium.
The role will be based on a 35 hour week which will include evening, weekend and Matchday hours and will be based at Vicarage Road Stadium, however there may be a requirement at times to work at our Training Ground facilities based in Londin Colney
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Stadium Grounds Maintenance Team to be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Pitch Maintenance - Procedures including but not limiting, mowing, marking, aeration, fertilising, scarifying, frost cover application, top dressing, seeding and pitch light maneuvering/maintenance.
- Equipment Maintenance - Goals, ball stopping nets, advertising boards etc
- Machinery - Greasing, cleaning, setting up, oil checks and visual checks before use
- Liaising with first team/academy coaches and managers
- Ensuring the safety of all playing surfaces
- Adhere to clubs health and safety procedures
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
You must have:
- Minimum of 5 year experience working in a professional football enviomnent
- NVQ level 2 sports turf or equivalent
- Excellent time keeping and organization skills
- Ability to work in a team and using own initiative
- Willing to work unsociable hours which will include evenings and weekends and have a flexible approach to tasks and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Full UK driving licence or ability to travel various locations due to the demands of the role
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- NVQ level 3 sports turf or equivalent
- Spraying certificates (or working towards)
- Experience using SGL pitch lights
- Experience working within a Stadium envioment
Process to apply:
For the full job profile, please contact HR Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download and complete an application form located on the Club website under the career section (Club/ Careers) www.watfordfc.com/club/careers
Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to email@example.com or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community
Permanent, Full time
35 hour week which will include evening, weekend and Matchday hours
Friday, 25 September 2020 - 12:00pm
Monday, 5 October 2020
Dependent on qualifications and experience
London & East