About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion and togetherness.
We are looking for a skilled (or working towards) Grounds Person on a permanent full-time basis to join the grounds team, to assist in the maintenance of the club's grounds at Vitality Stadium, the training ground and academy sites.
Reporting to the Head of Grounds, the successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for the industry, ambition to improve themselves, and thrive to present the clubs playing surfaces to the highest standards.
- Undertake routine maintenance work of playing surfaces and landscape as detailed on work schedules or as directed by supervisor.
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in surface maintenance.
- Inform supervisor, where appropriate, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment.
- Work at the either of 2 sites Stadium/Training Ground and/or Academy.
- Carry out grass cutting, line marking, aeration, scarification, divoting, brushing, weeding, debris clearance, litter picking, pressure washing, pitch set up, hedge cutting, spraying.
- Assist in the specialist maintenance of the clubs’ grounds.
- Keep and maintain in good and clean condition all plant, tools and equipment belonging to the club.
- To be trained on machinery used on the grounds.
- Keep and maintain in good condition all plant tools and equipment used by the team.
- Assisting with the teams/players and/or public who may have questions or need assistance.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Qualified to (or working towards) a minimum of ND2 / NVQ 2 (or equivalent) in Sports Turf or Horticulture
- Industry related experience
- Driving licence
- Spraying certificates PA1, PA2 and PA6 (Desirable)
Process to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 9th August 2022
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please click here.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Any and all potential agreements, relationships or commitments that could be considered a conflict of interest should be disclosed upon application to this vacancy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be asked whether you have any conflicts to disclose upon receipt of your application.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your eligibility to work with the club will be subject to receiving appropriate referencing.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking
- Season Ticket & allocation of complimentary/ purchased tickets
- Subsidised Lunches
- Complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day
- Discounts at the Club superstore
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses
- Club pension scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) by Health Assured
- Paid parental leave (bank of 5 days per year)
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Christmas Party, End of Season Awards and other social events throughout the year run by our Club Social Team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (2 days per year).
- Paid days leave on your birthday
Full time - Hours: 35 hours per week ranged over 5 days between Monday-Sunday
Tuesday, 9 August 2022 - 12:00pm
South West England