Eastbourne College (Incorporated) is looking to recruit an experienced Grounds Person to assist with the maintenance of the College sports facilities and all associated grounds and equipment. This will include the effective, efficient and timely maintenance and preparation of all playing surfaces to meet training and fixture requirements; maintaining the cleanliness of ancillary areas such as pavilions and score boxes; maintaining serviceability of associated sports equipment such as posts and nets; and ensuring all vehicles and equipment used are regularly maintained.
Applicants must have a full driving licence and be proficient in operating all types of grounds maintenance machinery, including tractor mounted mowing, aeration, rolling, fertiliser applications and pedestrian mounted equipment. The position will require knowledge of sports surface maintenance including cricket, rugby, football and artificial surfaces.
- Possess a recognised qualification or NVQ level 2 or its equivalent
- Full driving licence
- Demonstrable knowledge of health and safety appropriate to work settings
- Knowledge and understanding of modern working practices
- Previous experience of working in sports ground maintenance
- Ability to utilise a broad range of skills to fulfil the role
- Ability to work on own initiative, as part of a team and with flexibility to meet the needs of the College
- Problem solving, planning and organising skills
- Ability to recognise a job well done
- Ability to understand and implement instructions
- Good verbal communication skills appropriate in a school environment
- Ability to interact with pupils, staff and visitors
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Flexible and open to change
- Approachable, good listener
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Health and safety training
- PA1, PA2, PA6 safe use of pesticides.
- Driving licence includes trailer towing category (BE)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of servicing associated machinery and equipment
- Own vehicle
Process to apply:
To apply, please follow the link below to complete the mandatory application form: www.cognitoforms.com/EastbourneCollegeIncorporated/EastbourneCollegeSupp...
Alternatively, visit www.eastbourne-college.co.uk/contact/employment-opportunities/ and click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
A letter of application and an up-to-date CV should be uploaded with this online application form.
For further information, please contact Marian Piper, Recruitment & HR Projects Manager, by email: email@example.com or tel: 01323 452239.
Eastbourne College (Incorporated) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check, pre-employment medical questionnaire and positive references.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Charity is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Eastbourne College (Incorporated) is committed to the provision of equal opportunities in employment and accordingly wishes to ensure that no job applicant is treated less favourably on unjustifiable grounds.
8.00am – 4.30pm Mondays to Fridays, with occasional weekend cover
Thursday, 14 October 2021 - 12:00pm
Approx. £23,000-24,000 dependent on qualifications