Chigwell School is looking for a flexible and proactive person with experience in grounds maintenance, presentation and performance to join our Grounds team.
We are looking for candidates to have a specialism grounds, but the successful candidate will be expected to undertake work in the school gardens and will be collectively responsible for ensuring that the School grounds, sports pitches, lawns, gardens and the general outdoor estate is well maintained and kept to a high standard at all times.
We are located in the picturesque village of Chigwell just 10 miles from central London and on the Central Line. Close to the edge of Epping Forest, we enjoy over 100 acres of beautiful grounds.
This role is a full-time Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week) all year- round position.
Requirements for the role:
- Level 2 Groundsman qualification or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience working in a similar role preferably within a school environment
- Experience in the use of a range of grounds machinery and garden tools
- The ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, be organised and methodical in your approach
- Excellent time keeping with the ability to prioritise your work
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic, positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good organisation skills, self- motivation and an ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team and alone as tasks require
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with all staff and pupils on an appropriate level.
- A commitment to the Safeguarding and wellbeing of pupils
- Full clean driving licence
What we offer:
Chigwell School offers a supportive working environment. There is a strong sense of community and colleagues are dedicated and work well together. We offer a competitive benefits package, in particular:
- A competitive salary
- Strong commitment to professional development
- Membership of the Pension Scheme
- Personal Accident Cover
- Complimentary lunch and break time refreshments during term time
- Free on-site parking
- Free use of school sports facilities outside of the school day
- Employee Assistance Support Programme
Process to apply:
Full details of this position and an application form can be downloaded from the school website (www.chigwell-school.org/vacancies)
Applicants should complete the support staff application form and sent to the HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Friday, 22 October 2021 - 12:00pm